I am a queer, white, femme/woman/genderfluid person of the lands of the East Coast. Though I was raised without a strong connection to my ancestry, I hold the lineages of Irish, French-Canadian, and Blackfeet descent within me, and that has shaped and formed my upbringing in small, but lasting ways. I use the pronouns she/her.
I am a licensed MFT therapist, expressive arts practitioner, certified hypnotherapist, and applied shamanic counselor serving healers of all kinds, artists and creatives, and spiritual seekers in their own deep healing work. I am passionate about supporting others in reconnecting with the wisdom of their bodies and the Earth, taking back their own power, and connecting to their own creative and spiritual paths.
I came to this practice through my engagement with the arts, somatic (body) therapy, energy medicine, shamanic journeying, earth based wisdom, and depth hypnosis to heal my own experiences of trauma. As a child I found my survival was rooted in my deep connection to the earth, spirituality, and the arts. There I could find worlds that I could see myself within, that could reflect back to me the sacredness and worth of my being. As I grew I turned more and more towards to arts, spirit, the earth, and the body as pathways to healing, eventually bringing me to the Bay Area to study expressive arts therapy. There I began my ever expanding, deepening, and unfolding path of exploring how to integrate these different pathways of healing to create a holistic and soulful approach. My practice is always shifting and growing, seeking out ways to best support folks with the traumas, legacies of abuse, impacts of oppression, and tremendous loss we face in the world today.
I am privileged and honored to work with each and every client- to learn from them about their lives and all they have done to navigate their paths. Each person holds unique teachings through their life experiences- it is part of my work to help support them in discovering and recognizing that. There is no other person that is just like you.
I am also a writer, poet, singer, dancer, and yoga student. Every day I am deeply awed by the healing power of the human being, and in tremendous gratitude for the greatest healer of all, this sacred being of Earth.
Training and Certifications:
- Mentee in the Online Global Mentorship Program “Working Psychologically with Spiritual Issues, Crises, Traumas, Teachers, Students and Communities” with Mariana Caplan LMFT (Currently enrolled)
- Ecotherapy Certificate Immersion Program with Ariana Candell (Currently enrolled)
- Certified Hypnotherapist in the spiritual practice of Depth Hypnosis at the Foundation for the Sacred Stream
- Advanced Shamanism and Applied Shamanic Counseling at the Foundation for the Sacred Stream
- Buddhist Psychology at the Foundation for the Sacred Stream
- Master’s Degree in Counseling Psychology with a concentration in Expressive Arts Therapy from the California Institute of Integral Studies
- First Level Externship of Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy
- Certified Sex Educator at San Francisco Sex Information Hotline (SFSI)
- Rape Crisis Counselor certification program at San Francisco Women Against Rape (SFWAR)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Drama from NYU Tisch School of the Arts